International masterclass on the performance of the music by Antonio Vivaldi
14 – 17 November 2018
Italian Institute Antonio Vivaldi
Giorgio Cini Foundation Venice
San Martino a Natale Festival
The Italian Institute Antonio Vivaldi in collaboration with Festival San Martino a Natale organizes courses for young musicians concerning the performance of Vivaldi’s violin and cello concertos with string orchestra and basso continuo. The Academy will take place at the prestigious Giorgio Cini Foundation located on San Giorgio Island, Venice.
The admitted students will have the opportunity to
– work on the musical and technical aspects of the historically informed interpretation
– to get aquented and collaborate with the musicologists of the Italian Vivaldi Institute,
– to study the various theoretical aspects concerning Vivaldi’s compositions and contexts
– perform as soloists with orchestra in the final concert of the academy
Professors: Giorgio Fava violin Walter Vestidello violoncello
First violin and cello of ‘Sonatori de la Gioiosa Marca’,the internationally known ensemble, who
nowadays keeps a role of authority in the interpretation of Venetian music of XVII and XVIII century.
The harpsichordist Antonio Frigé (member of the Istituto Italiano Antonio Vivaldi and one of the responsible for the critical edition made by the institute itself) will accompany the students during all the academy.
Click the photo for more information:
Until 24 September 2018 all candidates must send to email@example.com :
– detailed curriculum vitae
– copy of an identity document
– link to a video recording – performance of two pieces by Antonio Vivaldi or other author of the same period.
The Italian Institute Antonio Vivaldi will provide scholarships which will cover the costs of attendance, for all the students admitted.
For each course, not more than seven active students will be admitted.
At the end of the courses will be issued a certificate of attendance.
Students can also stay on the Island of San Giorgio Maggiore, at the Residenza of Vittore Branca International Center of Italian Civilization, in a single room at a price of 55 euros per night or in a double room at a price of 85 euros per night.
The meetings are also open to auditors, upon request and following approval.